Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Can you see the leader in me?

Ah, man, I love The Leader in Me* paradigm!

I was fortunate enough to receive the Signature Training two years ago,  and am excited for my transition into using it with my homeroom this year. I have come up with so many ideas recently to help implement The Leader In Me that my brain is just spinning!

I cannot say enough good things about the training. I truly believe that the 7 Habits changed my life, and will continue to do so. This year, I have decided to drench students with the common language of the 7 Habits, and to merge our goals and rewards within that framework.

How to do it in French? That is something I am working out, as I would love to use it with all my FSL classes as well. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them here or at @MmePoulet on Twitter.

Here are the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.* If you would like to know more, there are literally thousands of resources on the Web.

1. Be Proactive.
2. Begin With The End In Mind.
3. Put First Things First.
4. Think Win-Win.
5. Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood.
6. Synergize.
7. Sharpen the Saw.

I would explain further, but as my principal said in conversation today, "This is a journey and everyone takes it at their own pace." If you are curious, go for the read! Perhaps they are on to something massive!

Cheers, and I PROMISE to do a French post soon!
Mme Poulet

*Written by Steven Covey

No comments:

Post a Comment